Valdez is a four piece band of musicians from Philadelphia, USA with a passion for good songwriting and leaping the fences between genres. The group comprises of Shineback and ex-Tinyfish British frontman Simon Godfrey, Echolyn bassist Tom Hyatt, keyboard player Joe Cardillo and drummer Scott Miller.

Tom and Simon met one night by chance at a comedy club in Philladephia and got on so well, they decided to jam the following evening at an open mic night. The duo were an instant hit with the crowd and as they left the stage, they agreed to form the band that would become Valdez.

‘For us, the song comes before absolutely everything else.ʼ Says Simon. ‘It doesnʼt matter if itʼs short, long, happy, sad or just plain broken. As long as itʼs good, weʼll grab it with both hands and spin that sucker until weʼre all dizzy.ʼ

Chemistry and humor play a big part in the bandʼs identity. ‘We take the music seriously, not ourselves.ʼ Says Tom. ‘Weʼve spent years in other bands trying to look serious for photos but itʼs not really who we are. Weʼre naturally happy people and we love what we do as a musical unit. We put in 88% effort every time we hit the stageʼ Says Tom, ‘The remaining 12% goes to snacks, Netflix and internet porno just like everyone else.ʼ

The band released their debut album entitled ‘Thisʼ through maverick independent label Bad Elephant Music, headed up by one of the godfathers of the UK musical underground, David Elliott. The album was produced by Echolyn songwriter and Grey Eye Glances guitarist, Brett Kull, a legendary figure on the Philly music scene and the album artwork was created by world famous DC Comics artist, Mark Buckingham.

The band toured extensively throughout 2017, playing shows and festivals up and down the East Coast of North America and are due to return to the studio to record their follow up album in the fall of 2018.

Drummer Scott Miller sums up Valdez best as; ‘Just four guys repaying our debt to society like the parole officer told us to.ʼ

Valdez Social Network:
Listen to Valdez: